What does kindness look like through your lens?
Queensland Gives Photo Challenge is the perfect way for photographers, instagrammers, community groups and non-profit organisations to tell their stories and share their work.
The goal is to capture an act of giving, kindness, doing good or to highlight a specific cause or issue affecting Queenslanders.
The winning entry will receive a $2,000 donation for the charity of their choice and a $500 prize for the photographer!
The Queensland Gives Photography Challenge is proudly supported by our The Public Trustee to promote philanthropy and giving in our community. Entries can be realistic or conceptual, specific or broad.
Entry is open from 1 February 2024 until midnight 29 February 2024.
Entry is simple; take a photo and submit your entry here. Multiple entries will be accepted. The photo challenge is open to professional and amateur photographers.
If you are on social media we’d love you to post it on Instagram or Facebook, tagging Queensland Gives and using the Queensand Gives Photo Challenge hashtag #qgphotochallenge to share the love!
The winning entry will be announced at the Queensland Philanthropy Week Launch at Parliament House on Monday 3rd June 2024.
Please read the full terms and conditions below before submitting your entry.
Terms and conditions of the 2024 Queensland Gives Photo Challenge
- The Queensland Gives Photo Challenge is open to Queensland residents and/or organisations operating in Queensland.
a. Entrants will retain copyright in their photograph.
b. Each Entrant grants Queensland Gives a non-exclusive perpetual licence to use photograph images to promote Queensland Gives, including (without limitation) in both digital and print form to be featured on the Queensland Gives website and through social media and publications. Queensland Gives will credit the photograph source where possible.
c. Queensland Gives respects the privacy of entrants and will endeavour to prevent non-authorised reproduction of the image, but is not liable for any such reproduction.
- Images submitted are to be a minimum of 2.0MB at 300DPI and in JPEG format.
- A pre-selection process will take place from the entries to produce a shortlist for digital display.
- Entrants whose photographs are selected as finalists for digital display will be notified in May 2024. Unsuccessful entrants will not be notified.
- Submissions must be comprised of a photo, can include a short written statement of a maximum of 500 words, and must include the photographer’s full name, contact details plus a title and short description of the location, context and date (month/year) the photo was taken.
- Queensland Gives reserves the right to reject any submission based on quality, content or theme. All submissions will be reviewed for accuracy of information. Written statements may be edited for clarity. Accepted photos will be posted on the Queensland Gives website. We will inform you by email when they have been posted.
- Entry is online at https://qcf-old.devplace.com.au/photochallenge
- Judging will take place in May 2024. All decisions of the judges are final and are not subject to review. The winning entry will be announced online.
- The nominated charity must be a registered Queensland charity, with DGR 1 status. Queensland Gives reserves the final decision to award the prize money to the chosen charity.
- By submitting a photo in the challenge you agree to have read and understood the above terms and conditions. Submission of entries in this competition automatically constitutes the Entrant’s acceptance of all competition rules and authorisation from the subject.
- Entries must be received by midnight Friday 29 February 2024.