2024 applications are now open and close on 15 December 2023.
The Gulf Area Community Social Development Trust is a QCF sub-fund established by the Queensland Government.
Grants from the sub-fund, promote the interests and welfare of residents of the Gulf Area Community by supporting projects and initiatives that encourage educational, health, cultural and social development.
Proposed projects must service the communities of Burke Shire Council, Carpentaria Shire Council, Doomadgee Aboriginal Shire Council and Mornington Shire Council.
If you would like more information please contact Kate Kyle, Department of Seniors, Disability Services and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Partnerships, on 07 4796 7892 or via email email@example.com.
All applications for grants are assessed on their merits by the Local Stakeholder Reference Group for recommendation to the Trustee.
Applications are open to only those charitable organisations that have Deductible Gift Recipient Item 1 (DGR1) status from the Australian Taxation Office. To confirm your DGR 1 status, enter your ABN at this link:
Organisations that do not have DGR status, but would like to apply for funding, are encouraged to collaborate with a funding partner who holds the relevant DGR status and who would be willing to manage and acquit the grant.
DGR status can be checked at the Australian Government website www.abr.business.gov.au under “Advanced search”.
Applicant organisations must:
- Be an “eligible organisation”;
- Be capable of efficiently managing the project and all Trust grant funds;
- Have the capacity to keep separate accounting records for reporting purposes;
- Demonstrate it has members with the skills and capacity to carry out the development, implementation and management of the approved project’;
- Ensure that the application is discrete and is not for a project which will be dependent on further funding being made available from the Trust.